GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ansumana Kujabi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:07:12 -0000
KB:

Your response to PA ALI and EBRIMA fits in the POT-HOLE well. Though JUSTICE
must prevail in every angle or corner and sides of a SQUARE, but in a JUST
way; and more paramount, the ECONOMIC, REALISTIC application of Justice MUST
be the prudent and honest guiding principles of TRUE JUSTICE. This school of
thought is debatable, but its INCONSIDERATENESS could become enormously
INCONSEQUENT in accomplishing a fair legal interpretation. What I am trying
to insinuate here is that although it IS and WILL be a fair game if the
application of Justice in the POST-MORON MAL-ADMINISTRATION also entails the
prosecution of similar wrong doings in the PRE-MORON REGIME, it SHOULD and
MUST be done in the interest of attaining true Justice, and not with SHEER
PASSION; and in addition, the prosecution should be done in the most
ECONOMIC way possible. Considering the fact that all LEGAL PROSECUTIONS are
often COSTLY and sometimes UNMANAGEABLE, it is therefore, fundamentally wise
for prosecutors to pursue only those cases that are ACHIEVABLE and
MANAGEABLE within the MEANS available whiles still able to do Justice. As
you have already mentioned KB, It is thus left to PROSECUTORIAL DISCRETION
to accomplish TRUE and REAL JUSTICE for the population. Our discussion and
debate, therefore, should now reflect on the DEFINITION of what a
Prosecutorial Discretion means. In order to define Prosecutorial Discretion
accurately, we MUST first of all compare and contrast the WRONG DOINGS in
both eras: PRE and POST- MORON REGIMES. Now, taking into account the EXCESS,
UNJUST and HORRENDOUS INJUSTICES that are beyond HUMAN DECENCY and INTELLECT
that are committed in the MORON'S MAL-ADMINISTRATION, which far superseded
the ENTIRE WRONG DOINGS that occurred in the THIRTY-YEAR rein of the
PRE-MORON GOVERNMENT, any FAIR-MINDED prosecutor will easily and logically
conclude which wrong doings he/she will find it prudent and economical and
Just to concentrate and lavish resources on, period. A WISE prosecutor in
this way will not be accused of playing double-standard in his/her pursuit
of achieving Justice for all. For instance, which case will be worthile,
just and economical for a prosecutor to expend resources and time on if
he/she will prosecute either OMAR JALLOW(OJ), a former Minister in the
PREVIOUS REGIME, for embezzlement or the MORON himself who has already
filled his personal accounts in the SWISS BANKS with amount ranging from
between US$20 MILLION-US$55 MILLION? Of course, the answer is for the wise
prosecutor to pursue the MORON'S case, period.

As for EBRIMA, my wonderful friend, he is such a brilliant and tireless
fighter who is always aggressive and relentless in his pursuit of Justice.
His ability to coordinate events and programs is second to none. For
instance, his vigor and devotion in the STOVALL fight was absolutely
fabulous. But the only down side of my humble friend is that he is sometimes
overwhelmed by events surrounding him, and consequently, his relentlessness,
vigor and brilliance tends to suffer setbacks, which of course tends to
impinge on his enormous qualities. The reason for swinging against my humble
friend is that he has been so much overwhelmed by events these days that we
have greatly missed that SISTER JABOU-GEORGE SARR-EBRIMA CEESAY coordinated
activities, which used to pay off tremendously. In addition, we have missed
Ebrima's usual Message to ALL GAMBIANS. Frankly, KB, if EBRIMA has not been
so busy now, and doing his usual "My Messages to ALL GAMBIANS", and whiles
maintaining a coordinated coalition together with SISTER JABOU and GEORGE
SARR, and whiles these efforts add on to the FANTASTIC FIRE POWER of your
humble self(KB) and EBOU COLLY'S, I bet you guys that we would not have been
hearing WEAKEST LINKS like KEBBA JOKES, OMAR NDOWS, ESSAS ETC. But
unfortunately, that has not been the persistent process. To that end KB, I
am therefore, appealing to my humble friend to resume this usual "My Message
to ALL GAMBIANS". GOD BLESS.

ANSUMANA.