GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harona S Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 23:12:36 -0500
Saul:

It is pathetic, pathetic indeed, for an elderly and supposedly skilled and
educated person like you, belittle yourself in such a childish manner.
Asking me to grow up? Are you serious? How can i, when a "koto" like
yourself refuse to do the same? It is shameful to have you exchange silly
remarks with me. You must be out of your damned mind!

"As an after-thought, I was wondering whether the (D2,500/D3,000?) a
month salary they pay you as a News Announcer on Gambia TV is worth
morgaging your soul to the Devil for?"

You think money is the issue with me, Much less "D2,500/D3,000"? Bro, you
need some education. Despite the fact that you claimed to be skilled and
educated, i can see plenty of room for improvement, shall i say re-educate
yourself. Matters of being of service to one's community and people doesn't
and cannot have a price tag. It is sacrificial, serving the community
selflessly. This is what distinguishes a patriotic citizen from the likes of
you. So, money is the issue with you, is that why you spent endless self
imprisonment in Dc , or where ever you live? Seriously Saul, you can do
better than that, i'm positive you can. But then , the Gambia may not be
able to afford paying such a "skilled and educated man"!
On the issue of " mortgaging my soul", i wanted to let you remain ignorant
and silly, however, on a second thought, and upon reflection on what, Naomi
Long Madgett has to say, and i quote " If a beggar asks for food but isn't
hungry, that's his problem. If you turn him away and he really is, it's
yours.... and it isn't your responsibility to take the measure of his guile
or honest need". With this, i decided to enlighten your frail brain. Silly
Saul, if you need to know, I am on what they call study leave- it is for
four years- Grts is not contributing a butut towards it- infact not even my
salary is paid to me as we speak/write. And you think money is my problem?
It is my understanding that you posses a bigoted and malnourished mind,
nontheless, you should understand simple english, educated sir! Need i take
you to kindergarten?

You strike me as a person, who not only is tormented by his own guilt for
failing his people, but also who is deeply sorry and lonely, in other words
you are a sadist. Need i say more? Creep in your crib and seek help, i mean
professional help. Brain overflowing with "skills and education",ay?

In conclusion, i hope you will not have a final of the final of the final
comment. If you do, you will be another liar, and that is not a problem i'll
just have a bigger liar to look up to.

Ps: Continue your silly mind game for, Cato The Elder said," Wise men profit
more by fools, than fools by wise men; for wise men avoid the mistakes of
fools, but fools do not imitate the good examples of wise men" With this i
say goodnight and do have a peaceful night, if you will.

Harona.