GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Weyeh Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:25:32 -0500
Hello Mr. jallow,
You are right that the Dems are using the Lott controversy for their own political gain. This is how Washington works and the Republicans would do the same. However, I disagree with your assertion that, the Clinton Presidency was " the least racially diverse than any other U.S  President for  the past few decades." I know Mr. Clinton was not the best President but he had  included many minorities in his cabinet. I think he had two Blacks ( Mike Epsy and the late Ron Brown) , one Hispanic ( Henry Ciseneros), One Asian(Norman Mennetti ) and four  Women (Alice Rivlin , Dee Dee Meyers , Madeline Albright and Janet Reno) .I don't remember his entire cabinet but I know he had other minorities in many key positions of his Administration.  I think this cabinet looks like America in my opinion . However , I do agree with you that  "the Democratic party only talks the talk but never walks the walk ." It needs to do more for the Minorities of this Country who usually  vote Democratic.
Weyeh,
000000000000000N˛m칻&'܆+޿,)/h^fn';{iǚ/?z[-{yۿj!n'mT'-^eyǧj*?jfw?z?-g000000000000000