GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 16:41:33 EST
OB, as in a few months ago, I have stickled your name again. (laugh)  This is what happens when I reply hastily to email right before leaving for work.

I can almost hear El Hajj Mustapha Njie with his incessant "ndeysans" and the "sunnu guyndaye", by Yusu Ndour, on the Senegalese airwaves.  The truth is they deserve all the praise for making the quarter finals of the Nations Cup.  However, they will face a herculean task in the next round against either Nigeria or Morocco.

On a final note, I have noticed that the attendances in Kano and Kumasi are much better than those of Accra and Lagos.  The fact that the respective hosts just doubled ticket prices has not helped improved attendances.  But city folk can be fickle fans at times.  The fans of Kumasi and KLano are the true soccer fans in my opinion.

Yus