GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 13:15:42 -0400
This is simply hilarious. Now it is becoming clearer and clearer that you
are an empty barrel. If you are NOT whining about people, you are either
engaged in personal attacks or regurgitating garbage. What do you think
Ousainou Darboe, OJ and others do at the numerous rallies the Alliance is
having that are attracting hundreds of thousands of enthusiastic supporters?
You think Darboe et al are arrogantly patronizing people and saying that
Gambians are stupid and need enlightenment? Darboe et al are addressing to
the people the solutions to the plight of our people. Ask you loony friend
Malik Kah about the lecture Darboe gave them in London during the summer.
Before the mental midgets were talking about a manifesto, Gambian newspapers
were reporting that Darboe went to London and revealed a manifesto for UDP.

Darboe does NOT just sit idly by writing some silly letters to an illiterate
like Yaya that did NOT finish High School. Darboe engages the Gambians
directly at rallies and talk about issues that are pertinent to the public
and issues that can solve our problems. When the morons do NOT listen to
him, Darboe takes them to court and get judgments against them. We all
remember how Pap Cheyassin Secka have been routed in court on numerous
occasions. You might NOT know the Alliance’s agenda and solutions, but
voters on the ground that risk their lives to attend Alliance rallies, know
what the Alliance is going to do to lift us up. Call Halifa Sallah and ask
him whether the Alliance is NOT addressing the issues of the country. Rather
than pretending to be an ignoramus about what is going on back home, why
don’t you pick up the phone and ask people what is going on? You ought to be
ashamed of yourself for pretending to be this ill-informed about what Darboe
is capable of doing. Now I am convinced that you do NOT understand PDOIS’
policies. The truth of the matter is that you are NOT committed to PDOIS. We
all know why this sudden change of colors from you.

You revealed your ignorance and lack of preparedness when you said that our
problems can be solved by team effort when the time comes. So, we should
take your word for it that when the time comes you will solve the plight of
our farmers? Why can’t you tell us just how you are going to do that? Are
you going to wait until October 19, 2001 and assemble a team of experts to
solve problems for PDOIS?

Your piece also suggest that you do NOT think we have problems in the
country. You call our solutions ‘ready-made solutions’ trying to solve
problems that do NOT exist. Again betraying your ignorance. We currently
have an acute foreign exchange problem in the country. You have NOTHING to
offer people on that except tell them that you want to wait until after the
election and assemble a team of experts to first find out if the problem
exists and then map out a way to tackle the problem? Come on. Surely you can
do better than that. After all, you are the self-appointed ‘enlighteners of
the stupid Gambian people’. Come up with solutions other than this loony
communist rhetoric.

I am NOT working hard for you to change your mind about PDOIS. Be my guest
and support PDOIS. Frankly, if it was NOT for your irrational rattling about
the Alliance and comparing them with PDOIS, you will never hear me talk
about PDOIS. Do you hear me wasting time talking about NCP and NRP? With all
due respect to the other Opposition Parties, I have a bigger fish to fry in
Yaya. I hope you saw the light and also focus on the menace in the society
and quit acting as Opposition to the Opposition. By the way, can you
‘enlighten’ us on why PDOIS went against their word and dealt with Gabriel
Roberts this time around? You want to hang out with sharks and you do NOT
know how to swim. Consequence? You will be swallowed.
KB