GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:58:21 -0700
Note that these translation positions do not require residence near the hospital. if you are
interested, please contact Sandy Banister directly.

----------
From: "sbanister2000" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:35:54 -0000
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Seeking interpreters to support Harborview Medical Center

Pacific Interpreters is a primary provider for many hospitals in the
United States and due to recent expansion (Harborview Medical Center
will be expanding their telephonic interpreting requirements)are in
need of several African language interpreters to provide telephonic
interpreting services on a contract basis.  We are currently seeking
bilingual phone interpreters in several African languages including
Mandinka/Mandingo, Fulani/Pulaar (most urgent), Amharic, Oromo,
Tigrinya, Fulani/Pulaar, Soninke, Wolof, Igbo, Krahn, Bassa,
Rundi/Kurundi, Yoruba, Krio, Acholi, Hausa, and Twi.  We are
currently staffed for Somali (including Bantu), and Swahili, but
always welcome inquiries.

We will test for medical knowledge for those who have no medical
certifications but medical knowledge.

Who is eligible? Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent
residents (eligible to work in US with valid work permit).  Certified
or applicants with prior interpreting experience will take priority.
Contractors of Pacific Interpreters work and are paid as independent
contractors (unless otherwise specified), therefore the number of
assignments offered depends on the need for each language. We support
the medical community so this job requires the ability to interpret
between foreign patients and English speaking doctors.

Rates for these languages start at $.75 per minute for telephonic
interpreting.

Please note that phone interpreters can be located anywhere in the
US.

We are currently recruiting interpreters for the US only.

Interested parties may reach Sandy Banister at
[log in to unmask] or contact me directly at 1-800-311-
1232 or  (503) 445-5644.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/DKgolB/TM

     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/