GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amadu Kabir Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 02:06:06 +0100
NADD MILITANTS FORUM
NADD Headquarters, Churchill's Town

Dear Sir/Madam,        27th February 2006

INTRODUCING 'NADD MILITANTS FORUM'

The Gambia is going through very interesting and decisive moments in her history, which requires the sober participation and effort of each and every citizen. Ultimately the salvation or destruction of the Gambia cannot take place without the active participation of the citizens and it is for this reason that as individuals we have formed groups as structures of society in order to direct, organize and facilitate that process. We are for the salvation of the Gambia for which we will neither allow to be left behind nor surrender that noble task and obligation to any other citizen or group. This is the rational for the creation of the NADD Militants Forum.

In our observation of the socio-political developments of the country, we have come to realize that generally political parties are dominated by a minority section within the organisation called the Executive and which also is being dominated by an individual identified as Secretary General or Party Leader. The result of such a structure and organisation is that when that body or individual makes a wrong decision, not only does the party suffer but also the whole country end up suffering for the simple reason that thousands of citizens are supporters and members of that party and therefore constrained by the decision. For example, a certain decision such as boycotting an election has the effect of making thousands if not millions not exercise their franchise thus unable to determine the manner of governance of their country in many years to come. This is to illustrate how the danger of surrendering power in the hands of one person or a group.

The members of the NADD Militants Forum have unreserved confidence in the mission and objective and Executive Committee of NADD. We will continue to give our unflinching support to NADD as long as the principles and mission of NADD are not derailed or betrayed.

Our aim is to mobilize and organize the youths and supporters, and create an independent power structure within NADD, which will give support, advice and generate resources for both NADD as an Alliance and for the Forum as a structure within NADD. We are not created by the Executive or any other individual in or outside the Executive. We have been created by our own selves based on our deep concern and understanding of the challenges that face our country. We do not owe allegiance to anyone except to our people and the principles of NADD, and to all people who similarly owe a duty and are ready to fulfill that duty to the people of the Gambia.

We are therefore writing to you this letter to introduce ourselves, and to seek your cooperation and support in the noble task of salvaging our country.

In further solidifying ourselves, we have planned a major rally in Brikama on Saturday 4th March 2006 at 3pm, and which will be preceded by a fundraising activity in the morning. We have already written to each and every Executive member of NADD informing them of our decision and inviting them to this programme (find attached the letter).

In the light of this rally, we are also formally informing and inviting you, and soliciting your support in its organisation. We would be very grateful if you could offer any assistance in cash or kind since the Forum has no definite source of income other than individual contributions by members at our daily meetings. The rally would cost us about twenty five thousand dalasi (D25, 000).

In conclusion, we wish to re-iterate our support and conviction of the necessity of NADD. We wish to maintain our independence as a structure in NADD, which is ready and willing to collaborate with all other individuals and groups in or out of the Gambia as long as such partnership promotes and protects the interest of the majority of the people of the Gambia.

For further contacts, please liaise with the following individuals:

  1.. Mr. Edi Jallow - 9828911
  2.. Mr. Suwaibou Touray - 9954533
In the Service of the Gambia,

Signed