GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:57:50 EDT
Well, if a government is using the provision of basic services to it's
citizenry as something to flaunt, then you know they are really grasping at
straws. It is a shame that we have not had a reliable electricity supply and
other basic services have been wanting. Therefore, the provision of these
services, using the people's tax money is nothing to brag about. This is
standard fare in any country. I guess this is news in The Gambia because the
people's tax money and other national revenues end up in the pockets of the
corrupt leadership we have been burdened with, so if for once, they spend
even a penny towards basic services for the people, then this is big news
that they send Tombongand a cabinet official to announce on the L. These are
the kinds of minds we are dealing with as so-called leadership in our country
today. How unfortunate and what a sad state of affairs.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 6/27/2001 12:49:55 AM Central Daylight Time,