GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Madiba Saidy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 07:51:28 -0800
Folks:

About 5 years ago, on the instigation of a fellow Gambian student at UBC, I
subscribed to Gambia-l. I have enjoyed every minute of my stay in this
"cybervillage."  Together we did a lot of good... a la GESO, The Massacre
Fund etc.

There comes a time to move on. The time has come for me to leave
your midst. There is work to be done. A lot of work. One must not be
defeated by the challenges of his time because he has become a hostage of
the ephemeral comforts of the places he now calls his home. I've decided
henceforth to spend all my time on my career advancement.

So I leave you in a couple of minutes.  My account will be effectively
unsubscribed from Gambia-l. Those wishing to contact me may continue to
send e-mail to this account until I advise otherwise. It is possible
that I will return to your midst in due course.  But that will not be any
time soon.... no sooner than 2004.

Thanks, Merci, Gracias, Danke, Tack. All the best in your endeavors.

Madiba K. Saidy
Vancouver, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada.

--
Let honesty and industry be thy constant companions, and spend one
penny less than thy clear gains; then shall thy pocket begin to