GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
YERO MAMA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 12:07:21 +0000
Prince,
      You have been quiet for a while ,hope you weren't preoccupied with
pressing matters somewhere else?
Anyway,welcome back...
Prince this time your style is different though,you are repeating the same
'monotonous' questions but with a gentle style,that i must admit-because
truth calls for it!
There are three areas that u touched so i will try my best thus give u my
perspective towards the said points and then live u to judge.

1/The Korro Ceesay issue: Prince, i think so many other pro-APRC or
independent minded debators did give in their opinions on that case
herein.Junglesunrise's position as far as i am concerned was the best ie:for
one to avoid  explaining something that he or she does not know or fully
understand.We heard different explanations and different rumours but has
anyone shown you concrete evidence yet? By the way Prince i wasn't at the
scene of the said crime neither did i meet anyone who was there,so prince
for a gentleman to ask me a question on that is something unexpected but not
surprising.
However,there are three points to consider in order for one to be able to
justify your question or reject its essence.
ie:a)If your question is based on the general and is being thrown to
us(those that you qualify as supporters of the regime back home on
gambial)then i will take it as a question that isn't for YERO as a person
but its rather a political strategy during our debates.
Which may then be more difficult for you and us because there are different
ways in trying to escape blame as far as politics is concerned.Therefore
politicising such cases will neither help the victim nor the investigators.
As of now and as far as i know my take on that is;what the law says ie: a
person is innocent until when convicted at a given court.
The other part of the story is that;law doesn't favour hearsay evidence per
se(if u know what i mean).We have seen or heard people who spoke but we are
yet to see real suspects thru law! I mean lawful arrests etc(NOT GAMBIAL
ARRESTS!).
So Prince my position remains open until when truth is tried by time!

b)On the death of the school children...Prince i think you are just
attempting to revisit old positions here,because when adressing me u wrote
Essa.Well Prince and i am certain that you are fully convinced that
Yeropulloh is ESSA BOKARR SEY! Then if thats the case revisit the archives
of GambiaL and tell me what the latter's position was as far the accusations
levied against the gvt are concerned in respect of the school children that
are refered to here above.
However,if you see me on this new phase as Yeromama Pulori galo haawa then i
can give u a simple version ie:
LOGICALLY:Any person whether male or female when asked if killing a
humanbeing is good,ie: be it a child or a grownup,he or she would
automatically respond by saying that it isn't! Unless if the person
concerned is drunk.Even serial killers do kill for reasons,whether plausible
or not they do so for one reason or the other.Now to punnish or free the
killer in person depends on what the law says.With all the international
justifications we have seen or heard can Ariel Sharon still be arraigned
before the judges at Hague?
With all the deaths after the downing of the twin towers,haven't we seen the
international organisations challenge america on the guantanamo bay issue?
So Prince law doesn't know neither 'sour' or 'sweet' feelings it knows
evidence!
POLITICALLY+LEGALLY: In politics Sometimes reasons that lead to killings are
usually justified thru law.Although law can either be misinterpreted or
corrupted!So for that matter the justification or denial of having killed
deliberately or mistakingly still depends on the circumstancial evidence
that has been presented.Therefore,as far as i am concerned my view depends
on both the POLITICAL and THE LEGAL perspectives that were given to the
society concerned ie:A CORONER'S
inquest was set up,there are findings and those findings have been received
thus it is for LAW to take its cause now.When will that law be applied and
who will apply it depends on the DEMOCRACY that me,you and those affected
have put in place! Therefore WHO IS YERO ALONE TO DECIDE ON WHAT SHOULD
HAPPEN UNILATERALLY?! If YERO'S analysis are wrong then let those of Demba
be added to the former thus form a good answer.
The indemnity bill is being scorned at by many on line and elsewhere but
Prince Do u think that scorning and yelling can solve the problem either?!
Now that a national assembly is in place and law can either be amended or
accepted to stay on,its not the duty of Yero to pull all the strings but we
can as well look through events and change the colours of society without
yelling and spitting at each others faces!
As far as i am concerned,my position is the same again i will have an open
mind and respect law until when it allows time to judge truth on that also.

PERSONALLY:Yero as a person doesn't like seeing a dead adult more over a
dead child! Prince i have a child(at the age of nine)the poor child neither
talks nor walks(i am sure knowing Gambians a lot of u will be sympathetic
towards my poor son).With all the above reasons, i love this child so much
and i am confident that all of us on line love their children the same way
or even more!
So even if i do not tell you,its obvious that u know how much i would care
for a child that might have been bleeding near me!
Prince in 1990 during the silver jubilee at the Bakau stadium i was there
controlling the crowd.I was serving under a special unit that was known as
the CRACK UNIT.
This unit was commanded by The Senegalese before 90 and then taken over by
Jammeh himself,Prince i never raised a baton or a codgle to beat any school
boy or girl! ALLAH KNOWS! Prince i served in the army for five years with
some overseas training but never have i been identified during morning
parades as soldier or gendarme who hit or wounded someone somewhere.If you
deny ask Chongan or others who was 1310? or go to the Bakau Barracks and ask
them whether 1310 wasn't always in jail for standing against injustice! If i
had issues to adress they were issues within the camp itself and not with
school children sir Prince.
So Prince the risks that some of us took to fight injustice were beyond
gambial keyboards!
Prince go to Latrikunda German near the pipeline mosque and find
out(Faburama Dibba a technician at Gamtel)and ask him who Yero the Essa u
know is as far as taking care of children is concerned.Prince go to Sinchu
Sori and ask the Alkalo who i am on that same issue.So Gambial isn't a stage
that can single-handedly justify my goodness or that of Gassama towards
GAMBIAN CHILDREN!
Prince never have i ever passed children along the way without transporting
them home.Prince u maybe surprised to discover that school boys picked up my
mobile and my purse and returned them to me intact and that was just five
weeks ago in Serekunda.Ask yourself why those boys did it Prince?

I will adress some of the questions u raise later on because i want to go
and eat i am very hungry!

YEROPULLOH!

"YEROMAMA PULORI GALO HAAWA BAROGEL N'DIMOU"
"Speak the speeches and let the speeches not spit you."