GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 23:12:58 -0400
Dr Abdoulaye Saine
I remember even better good old times of the glory days of Kaur Wharf town and
Kuntaur Wharf Town when GPMB was at it's height. We came to see the ocean going
vessels dock on the wharfs to load hundreds of truckloads of groundnuts even for
Senegal .
In the late fifties we always wanted to go there for the Christmas holidays and
even the summer vacation despite the mosquitoes and the bad roads.

I hope the military will use it's manpower to rescue these desperate citizens.
now we can call upon them to help instead of just being at the barracks .
Let us pray for the departed souls with their children . It is so sad especially
during the rainy season when funds are so low for almost everyone in the Gambia

I was also told that there is need for antibiotics. I am not sure what kind but
the medical personnel in Banjul should advice donors (Gambians abroad and non
Gambian friends also)

Well gone are those days when we can say it was . Now we should say what are we
going to do to make it better and look for the best interest of the younger
generations behind us. It is their turn to pick up and continue where we left.

May Allah let us all be able to help friend and victims in any way we can.