GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 19:27:10 +0100
Hi Ebrima,
               This is very sad indeed. Not only are these pilgrims stranded
in Mecca but one must also have at the back of your mind that they are
finding it very tough out there. From previous years,I have been made to
learn that, as soon as the hajj is over, they are asked out of their hotels
and even out of the city. So whether their flights are around and ready or
not, they stay at the airport struggling for food and even sleep .Most of
them usually run out of cash and to send money for them is just impossible.
I really feel it for them and their families. Let's just pray for their safe
return home.

Maikabir.