GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gibby Cham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 05:17:43 -0800
When I put this issue on the l, I definitely did
expect the bad apple to show itself from the tree.
This is a sad incident in Atlanta right now. Some of
us have friends, others have husbands, wifes, sisters,
mothers and fathers caught in this unfortunate
incident.

My Ceesay, I'm not going to sit here and make what is
illegal to be legal, but we have all at once did
something illegal in our life and never got caught.
Whether it is illegal immigration to this country,
illegally obtaining a job when one is not suppose to
or even taking something that is not yours.

Mr Ceesay, today if you pick an apple for example that
is not yours but you were not given permission to take
it. May be it belong to a friend or roommate. What
would you call that? stealing I should believe,,,and
this I believe is a crime. Mr Ceesay, please do not
tell me that you have never commited an illegal act
ever in your life, because we can elaborate more on
what is a crime and what is not.

If you were in the situation that these people are in,
we would feel saddened by it. Why, because we are all
one community of Gambians abroad trying to make a
better living for ourselves and our families. Some of
us are fortunate to be doing it legally and others are
not. All you need to do is wish luck to the
unfortunate. That is what I know to be the Gambian
spirit.

Well what do you do with a bad apple on your tree?
Pick it out and throw it in the dumpster. So people,
let's ignore this negativeness coming from Ceesay and
do what's best for  our fellow brothers and sisters,
fathers and mothers in this sad incident.

Ablie or any member of the Atlanta Gambian Association
out there, if you can email me privately and tell me
what the Atlanta Gambian community is doing to help
these people and their families. I've been away from
home for the last couple of days and that's why I've
not been keeping up.

May Allah bless and protect us all.

Gibby