GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:36:08 EST
Ginny, isn't it past your bedtime now? Oh my bad, you're one hour behind  me.
Sorry. You just have to get into my head today don't you? You need to quit
talking to that BambaLaye. You know he's a bean counter! That reminds me, I
sorta miss the cat. Have you heard of him lately?

"Haruna, why do you like Jammeh?  Tell me that?"  Ginny.

Why do I like you? because you're beautiful and you are a child of  Allah. I
think you're handsome inside too.

"And even if you want to say that all of the extrajudicial killings and  such
were not ordered by Jammeh," Ginny.

I did not say that neither do I want to say they are ordered by  Yahya. I
suppose you will now ask me "Then what are you saying Haruna?" I simply  do not
know enough to say either way. Does it ever occur to you that sometimes I  do
not wish to say anything if I do not know enough about a subject? I know this
will come as a shock to you given my prolific lectern.

"etc., etc.," Ginny.

What do you mean by etcetera, etcetera?

"he doesn't seem to be in any hurry to prosecute or bring those  responsible
to justice!" Ginny.

And this is the extent of my impatience with Yahya but I try to encourage
him in due-diligence and propriety toward expeditious prosecution. Besides,
Allah is also working overtime. I am informed that you are perplexed at the
seeming volume of obituary in Gambia of late.

[As far as any "evidence" against him, if you read the online Gambian  media,
it seems that some feel he's killing the evidence off, as it were.]  Ginny.

I do not have to read the online Gambian media to be informed. If you  must
know, I do read the online Gambian media.

"So any "evidence" might be a bit hard to come by!" Ginny.

Really??? You think killing "witnesses" off does something to evidence of
crime???? I think you and I are on separate planes and in separate stations in
life. Since you think this way, could it not be advanced therefore that
perhaps  the perpetrators of crimes may themselves be dying off through no
interference  of Yahya? It may be a far-flung concept in the abstract realm but worth
consideration nonetheless.

"You can "like" Jammeh all you want, however, I stand by my original
statement that there is nothing to "like" about this man!" Ginny.

Settle down. I am not trying to convince you to like Yahya. It will be of  no
significance to me. In fact I'm not even trying to convince you to like
yourself just because I like and love you. Settle down. No need to get all  worked
up. By the way, did you revisit Julius Caesar?

"Ginny"
Word. Masoud. MQDT. Darbo. Al Khairawan. Don't come back here until you
revisit Julius Caesar. What's wrong with yew???? Or I'm calling your Dad on  you.