GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 18:11:33 +0200
Thank you Brother Malik,

But no. I fail to see how I went beyond the scope of the subject. Koto Oko himself did not just say that superstition is bad for our society. He also suggested ways of fighting it; through legislation for example.
And even so,  why should we not try to expose the cultural and social foundations of backward practices in our society? It seems to me to be the most obvious thing to do if we should be able to propose enlightened methods of fighting it. Exposing superstition that causes evil as bad is a good thing to do. Suggesting what we could do about it is even better.

Cheers,
Sidibeh