GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoul Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:22:59 +0000
Judging from postings of both supporters and Anti APRC advocates, it is no
news that there are lingering questions still waiting to be answered with
particulary emphasis on the student riot and Koro Ceesay's death, and I pray
to GOD that these questions will be answered without any degree of
ambiguity.

My position on these issues could not be better echoed than what I have
previously stated,  that I am NOT interested in perpetuating any political
interest, meaning that I am not a PDOIS, APRC, UDP, NCP or sympathiser of
the former PPP,  which I particilarly believed to be the chief agent of some
of the spilled over poor economic conditions of the Gambian People following
so many decades of it's regressive leadership,  granted of course that
people seemed to have been less worried about human rights abuses at the
time than they are now.

However, what I cannot UNDERSTAND is the incessant double standard and
HYPOCRISY being constantly dished out on this forum by the Anti-Jammeh
proponents attempting to take every issue, be it significant or otherwise
and try to criticise instead critiquing or make suggestions.

I have seen some of the writings of Malik Kah,  Mr.Joe Sambou, Musa Jeng,
Buharry and other's  whose position are always clearly stated, but make it
more interesting to read because these people are always able to offer
suggestions without BIAS.

The sudden attempt to castigate or second guess anyone who says anything
positive about the APRC regime is what makes it difficult and often
distasteful to read.  Such line of argument is what causes people to become
PERSONAL on some of these issues and for lack of a better word appear
INADEQUATE.

It is absolutely foolish to deliberately make it a point of castigating any
positive issue pertaining to the APRC.  For example, Musa Jeng came from the
Banjul and pointed  out some of his observations and encountered an
unbelievable attack simply because he called a SPADE a SPADE, President Wade
gave a speech and again we see the same people trying to second guess what
he said. If a road is built where one never existed before, we hear
insinuations like  well! it is NOT long enough or it was a pre-existing
project.

Inorder for this forum to remain an oracle for objective, honest and
progressive conduit for Gambian issues, we must all understand that there is
no room for BIAS assessments.

Hating someone does mean that we should entertain or allow ourselves to be
blatantly impartial when discussing issues.

In conclusion, I particularly think that this ubiquitous display of
pre-conceived notions by SOME of the opponents of the APRC is rather foolish
and regressive, and sometimes lack merit and balance.