GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bailo Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 00:37:44 +0100
Coach,

Thanks for a very sound advice. Hope it would be heeded by all concerned.

Where dedication and service towards the common cause and struggle precedes,
recognition and awards would naturally follow. However where recognition,
wealth, status and praises are the driving or motivational force, the
tendency for one to be compromised by reactionary forces and their corrupt
codes of conduct easily become a reality.

Once again, I would take this opportunity to salute all Gambian media
practitioners particularly those working in the 'free' press. The late Deyda
Hydara has left a clear and unambiguous path that you should all be proud to
follow. Inevitably, to do so demands a lot of courage and sacrifice and
perhaps most importantly, clear mindedness that you are on the side of the
people and truth against fabricators and murderers.

Bailo.