GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 06:48:20 -0800
 Dear Gambia L members

I  am very concern about the kind of economic system that the the Gambia should adopt and I rely very much on your assistance

For those of us who had studied High school economics , we were all made to memorise the definition given by Lord Lionel Robins. And very little or nothing is thought about the economics as by others in the way they how and what economics should be

Even in the west where some of us study the Economics that we study is all about Adam smith, Lionel Robins Richard Lipsy and so on and because this is is what we know I wonder how well we should apply it in the Gambian scenario

I wonder if Gambians all over the world make it a point of duty to provide an economic definition that makes a fair distribution of wealth to the Gambian people

I am quite worried that most of us Gambians are not that be be innovative

I think that no one country is a model for The Gambia to adopt I am optimistic that we Gambians have got brains and we can come with something that the rest of the world will envy and then rather than following we will then be followed