GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bakary Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:27:08 +0100
Gassa,

I was merely exercising my right to freedom of expression, not questioning
"your right of association, affliation or freedom of expression" as you
seemed to have insinuated. Although i totally disagree with your decision, i
respect it as your right to make. There  should be no ambiguity between
disagreeing with someone yet at the same time respecting that person's
entitlement to the universal freedoms or rights. It is very common on this
forum that when someone disagrees or criticises another's point of view or
course of action, that the former will be labelled as intolerant. I believe
that this is wrong and a distortion of the meaning of tolerance. Tolerance
does not mean that one should be mute with anything he/she disagrees with.

I will not waste my time in trying to argue with your justifications for
staying out, which truly are not different from the obvious reason of
wanting to keep your job. After all, you are a public servant and public
servants are supposed to be politically neutral but not you: the APRC
resident Jali on the L. Keep it up!

You stated:" Finally do not delude yourself by assuming that because you
live abroad and i live here that you are more capable than me". How childish
and immature of you to think like this! Is Senegal, BurkinaFaso, Liberia not
part of abroad and is there no struggle in the abroad you are referring to?
You lived here, you should no better how tough the struggle is over here.
Please grow up and do not let your kids to know that this is how their daddy
think.

The yoke of oppression must be shattered!

BMK