GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin B Jammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:54:28 EST
Dear members,
I read with deepest regret and anger, the unscrupulous piece allegedly
written by a GERMAN who was in The Gambia. This is another of the biggest
insult that the Gambia and Gambians have experience as far as our
relationships with the Europeans are concerned.

Readers might recall a similar thing involving a British visitor to the
Gambia who wrote a book called "Our Grandmother's Drum" The author's name is
Mark HUdson.
That book and this article by this stupid German are a betrayal to the trust
of the people who they have befriended in their intentions to spy and lie
about the traditions and values of the people for their vested interests.
Most of these people do these things to get rich by selling the materials in
the West.

The contents of that book (Our Grandmother's Drum) and the article in
question contain bunch of lies and bullocks. It is about time Gambians and
Africans change their attitude towards the Write people because they are
enemies and betrayers.

Finally, as most list members suggested, every effort should be made to get
the mailing address of Birgit & Joel Samuel so their mailboxes could be
filled with protests to let them know that what they wrote about the Gambia
was a bunch of lies, and nothing but lies!

Good day everyone!
Lamin
Bedford, UK