GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoulie Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:48:19 -0600
Sidebeh:

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. We know that there is a lot of work to be done but it is reassuring that so many people have expressed their gratitude and confidence in what we have started here.
The Movement for the Restoration of Democracy in The Gambia, The Gambia Press Union -U.K Branch and many individuals like Buharry Gassama and adorable little Raki Gassama at Raki Web Radio for the wonderful music and technical assistance, Alieu Badara Sowe in London, Sheikh Tijan Touray in New York and of course all our listeners around the globe, have all been instrumental in making our maiden broadcast such a great success. We could not have done much without the interviewees and those brave and noble sons and daughters of Gambia who came out in droves to make their voices heard. We could not have done it without their various contributions.

At RFG, we will make every effort to improve and maintain professional competence and good judgment in the collection, the treatment and the presentation of information. At RFG, we will emphasize your role as an individual or groups in the expansion of the freedom of expression, in the dissemination of an informed public opinion and of your rights and your efforts towards the enhancements of those rights.

We therefore encourage everyone to contact us with program ideas and suggestions for improvement in our programming. We will greatly appreciate your input in any way possible. Regardless of what part of the world you are in, if we can get to you, we will make the effort to make your voice heard. We also encourage everyone with talents of any nature and would like to share that with our listeners, to contact us by phone or by email.

Momodou Sidibeh, you have, on many occasions, shared your historical and literary prowess on
Gambia-L; perhaps we can encourage you or anyone out there to take on the task of translating the story of "Kadi Kebbeh" or "Ngansu Machine" - :) I am sure many Gambians and friends will appreciate such a work.

Please keep tuning in and look out for more interesting programs in social, historical, educational, art and many areas. Again, suggestions are very much welcome from anyone.
You Can Contact Us at:

Radio Free Gambia (RFG)
P.O Box 1462
Bellevue, NE 68147