GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Jabang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 13:19:47 GMT
Asalaamu alaikum Sister Jabou,

Alhamdulillah, Jazza kallahu khairan (may Allah reward you with good). I
enjoyed this excellent series. May Allah reward Sister Omm Rafiq in Makkah
for this valuable lessons. May Allah make us hearers of the message and
followers of the best of it.

Just like her previous piece you forwarded some months back, I would like to
highlight the du'aa she ended the lesson with.

1. This particular one is excellent and it has been reported as a du'aa made
for the Sahaba Anas bin Malik by the Prophet ( sallalahu alayhi wasallam).
Some scholars have reported that as a result of this du'aa, his offspring
included many Qur'aanic reciters. I try to use it as much as I can. Please
stick to it.

Allahumma, akthar maali, wa waladi, wa baarik li fima
'ataitani,  w'atil hayaati ala taa'atik wahsin 'amali waghfirli

O Allah, increase my wealth and offspring and bless me (give me
baraka)in what You give me And make the rest of my life in Your
obedience,  make my deeds the best deeds,  and forgive me.
  *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

2. This one is very comprehensive and it is from the authentic supplications
of the Prophet (sallalahu alayhi wasallam) in Sahih Muslim. I try to use it
a lot too because of its completeness. Indeed, there is nothing that will
bring us closer to Allah that al-Mustapha (sallalahu alayhi wasallam) has
not shown us. May Allah bless us with his company in the next world.

Allahumma innee a'outhubika min ilmin laa yanfa'u, wa min qalbin laa
yaqshau, wa min da'watin laa yustajaabulaha, wa minnafsin laa yasba'u.

O Allah, I seek refuge in You from knowledge that does not benefit,
              from a heart that is not subdued,
                     from a supplication that is not answered,
                                and from a soul that is not satisfied.

Allahumma salli wasallim ala Nabiyyina Muhammad. Wasalaam.

Modou Mbye