GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:31:28 -0000
I have been waiting for Mr. Bahoum to reply to my questions. There is much
that is unclear about this London meeting. I will addresss all the issues
raised once I know who organised the London meeting and the agenda for
inviting leaders of parties to the meeting. Was it just to give briefing to
a British MP or something else? If I don't hear from Mr. Bahoum by Thursday
I will
begin to defend PDOIS' integrity in cyber space.
We wish to remind Gambians that this is an election year. We have call on
all serious Gambians to mobilise resources and send it to the parties of
their choice.
The UDP is engage in byelections in Central Baddibu and Kiang East. We have
been following comments from the leaders of the party to note what their
grievences are in order to determine what to expect in future elections.
Lamin Juwara was interviewed by Citizen FM. Gambians abroad should ask their
relatives at home for copies of the interview in order to know what is being
said prior to the elctions.
There are those who claim that PDOIS is afraid to say things ''that would
cause Yaya Jammeh to lock them up or banish them some where''. Fortunately
Citizen FM and Radio 1 FM are informing the Gambian what political parties
are saying in the Gambia. Gambians abroad should contact their relatives or
friends to find out what is being said by the different parties on all
fundamental issues.
Clarity is what enable a people to make informed choices. Debate is the
mother of clarity. We are not offended by any thing written. It simply
avails us the opportunity to clarify many issues and leave people to form
their opinion about PDOIS. The Gambian people are indeed moving to take
charge of their destiny. They are their own saviours and will make their own
decisions as to who will make policies for them to promote their general
welfare.

Greetings
Halifa