GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ahmad Scattred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:37:31 -0500
>From: Elow Wole <[log in to unmask]>
>What I want to know is, "Whoever said that this bulletin is solely
>dedicated
>to issues revolving around "the president"?  Why can't we engage in other
>non-political conversations/debates etc.  No flagrant fouls have been
>committed here, just exchanging tech notes to one another.
>
>It's funny how the same people yelling "get rid of the dictator", are
>trying
>diligently to dictate the tone of this bulletin.  This is a bulletin for
>ALL, not just anti-"president" affairs.  I don't think "the president" is
>doing all evil and no good.  What if I want to talk about wildlife, art,
>cars, houses, or the stock market, and draw the attention of a small
>interest group?  Do you consider that a waste of time, energy and disk
>space?

THERE'S NO MENTION IN MY PIECE THAT THE ISSUE OF IP TRACING IS A WASTE OF
TIME. I SIMPLY DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT THE SUBJECT MATTER. IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

>We must understand that some people have chosen to limit their involvement
>in political matters, for whatever reasons they may have.  But should that
>limit their engagements in this forum, surely not. If IP tracing sounds
>greek to you or anyone for that matter, simply depress your delete button
>on
>your keyboard, and rid yourself from future headaches.
>
>I urge everyone to look at this bulletin board as a tool for sharing views
>and opinions, and a means of reaching out to your fellowmen around the
>world.  Remember, ..."even the dull and the ignorant, they too have their
>story."
>
>Regards
>
>Essa

I WAS NOT CONCERNED ABOUT THE TECHNICAL DETAILS THAT MOST OF YOU DISCUSSED;
RATHER I WAS ATTEMPTING TO SHIFT DEBATE FROM ISSUES RELATING TO ALIEU
KEITA'S IDENTITY. TAKE A SECOND LOOK AT THE QUOTES I INCLUDED IN MY LETTER.
IF ANYTHING, MORE RECENT EXCHANGES ON THAT MATTER ARE A VINDICATION OF MY
CALL.

BEYOND ALL THAT, I EXPRESSED MY VIEWS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER MEMBER OF THE
LIST!

AMADOU SJ