GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Loum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 04:21:10 -0700
Tombong,
You seem to be making a big issue about Mr.
Jassey-Conteh  academic credentials. Have you looked
at Yahya Jammeh's Bio and all he claims to have
accomplished. Most of it is either untrue or grossly
exaggerated. Did you ever question your boss? I think
we should focus on other important things. Such as
Jammeh's recent campaign in Brikama-Ba blaming the UDP
leadership of engaging in "chronic tribal politics";
and accusing the UDP of telling Mandinka's that Gambia
belongs to them. Such inflammatory rhetoric exposes
the real Jammeh and how far he is prepared to go to
divide and ruin the country. Jammeh also said
"together we have empowered a Mandinka for 30 years
and we must not turn against someone just  because he
speaks a different language". The true is, a majority
of Gambians do not oppose or disagree with Jammmeh
because he is Jola. But mainly because he has failed
to uphold the rule of law and has undermined his
credibility compeletly. He has lied to the Gambian
people and engaged in Jola favoritism at the expense
of the country. I would not care of the whole country
was ruled by a Mandinka or a Jola. The important thing
is for one to try an do a good job and uphold the rule
of law. Your man however is a complete hypocrite, just
look at his inner circle and you will know what I am
talking about.
Greetings,
Loum

=== message truncated ===