GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jaama Fadiga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:52:12 -0700
I am surprised that the L-Community is not aware of how easy it is to send an email bearing another person's address. To be honest, if one is a little  bit familiar with computers it is pretty simple to do and it is also very simple to find out where or who really sent the email.Two clicks of a button depending on the the kind of email viewer you are using. If any of you use Microsoft Outlook Express, Eudora, etc, It is even easier to find out the origination of the email regardless of whose name or email address you see on the from: line.

Folks,that is what this technology is about, no matter how secure you think you are online, do have a precaution at the back of your mind preparing for you the unexpected...... remember, we are a kind of virtual community and we assume we know who we all are , but do we really???????

I rest my case...................