GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 15:43:22 +0100
Momodou Olly- Mboge,
                                      Your points are noted. I am glad that
you have shown that PDOIS is not linked to any "programmed fanatics''. A
truly liberated person is one who owns his or her mind and is capable of
making informed choices. This is what a sovereign republic means.

All your observations are food for thought. I will just comment on one point
that is references made by leaders of the APRC that PDOIS is an ideal
opposition. I believe you know what political ploys are. I will give you an
example so that the message will be driven home without any ambiguity. The
PDP and GPP once formed a delegation to see ex-president Jawara regarding
the electoral system. Femi Peters eventually met Sam Sarr and told him that
when they met Jawara he told them that they should be like PDOIS; that they
just complaint about the electoral system without facts; that PDOIS is
investigating and filling objections in revising courts. Was that not a pat
on the back for PDOIS. However, in the 1992 elections, ex-president Jawara
told the people that if they don't vote for the PPP it was best to votes for
parties other than PDOIS. Did this mean that ex-president Jawara wanted the
GPP or NCP to take over the country? Do you think those enjoying the fruits
of their offices today and are displaying such extravagance would want PDOIS
to take over the country? My brother the political scene here does not show
the mingling between PDOIS and the APRC. What it shows is a change of sides
by the second and the minutes by those who yearn to leave extravagantly at
the expense of the people. I will come to this later.

Greetings