GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 09:17:25 -0400
Asalaamu alaikkum
Good morning everyone

I spoke to a friend of mine in banjul who gave me an update on the
health hazards caused by the flooding due to the heavy rainfall still
going on.

Because of the floods in some areas water wells have been contaminated
from the overflowing latrines near them. As a result diarrhea is
becoming a problem to many in the rural areas. I would suggest to the
GLC or anyone who has been collecting funds to get some diarrhea
medications sent from any money collected to send back home or ask the
Medical and Health (BODOFEL)  their advice first.

I understand some women and their babies still tied on their backs
drowned on their way to a loumooh near Kaur area. they were going with a
boat because the transportation by roads are not yet solved .
May Allah have mercy on their souls and send them to Jannah.Ameen.

Tombong can you please update us or verify this information. ( confirm
this or  not)
Thanks

I am on my way to work
have a nice day