GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 23:13:50 EDT
Really! Ebou Jallow.
You want us to believe that the U.S government is watching Gambians who are
trying to organize a fund for the opposition in the next presedential
elections? Are you really saying that the Gambia government has now gone as far as
making false allegations  against Gambians in the U.S,  labelling them as
terrorists to the  U.S government as a way to put an end to their effort to support
a coalition of oppositions parties in the next elections?
This has been the fear of many people here in the U.S,  that those  with an
agenda will label their opponents terrorists or accuse them of funding
terrorism as a way to eliminate them, and here we go. Well, don't you think you just
gave away the investigation if it were really happening, or is it a carefully
dropped sideline to plant fear perhaps? A cheap shot either way.
The  U.S is not Gambia. The constitution still works here, thank God,  and if
you accuse someone, you had better have proof that will stand up in court.

I did not know that the U.S government is now lending themselves to assisting
the Gambia government carry out libelous allegations to  get rid of  the
legally recognized, and legally registered opposition parties because these
parties are trying to exercise their rights to ensure  that a fair electoral process
takes place in the next elections, and that some Gambians in the U.S are
trying to assist them to raise funds.. I also see that you are at the same time
making a major accusation against the Senegalese government, accusing them of
colluding with some of the opposition parties in the country to attack
Gambia.These are pretty serious allegations Ebou, allegations that accuse both the U.S
government  and the Senegalese government of collusion to commit crimes that
violate the constitution of all three countries as well as international law. I
hope you have some very solid evidence to back up these serious accusations.

Jabou Joh