GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Omar Ndow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 18:42:02 -0000
Batch and Haruna,

I really appreciate your candor on this issue.  I am very surprised that
Kanteh even has an "audience" on this forum.  As far as I know he belongs to
a "clan of self-delusional Mullahs" on the L.  This clan believes it has the
divine right to judge , insult people at free will and define to us what is
right or wrong.  The moment they are criticized, they become defensive and
renege from the very "virtues" they parrot to us every day.
One thing I always realize in Kanteh's writings is his subtle manifestation
of the oedipal complex- You know I chuckled when Halifa asked- "Hamjatta,
why are you engaged in such a destructive behavior?"  This is the question
of the year!  There are powerfull forces, operating at the subconscious
level that drive Mr. Kanteh to "challenge" or shall I say "kill" his
intellectual superior by any means.  This latent violence in this man shall
never rest until that oedipal urge is satisfied!
The sesquipedality in Kanteh's texts is nothing but poor diction and a
chronic lack of fine erudition.  Kanteh is no Isaiah Berlin, and he shall
ever be.   Berlin writes for the elite in academia, his reason for waxing
lexiphanic is not for pomposity but to educate his studious audience i.e. he
uses challenging words and long winding sentences allowing the context to
reveal their meaning. I will buttress my point with a quotation; since Mr.
Kanteh loves to quote and read, I will refer him to the following text:

"Those who run to long words are mainly the unskillful and tasteless; they
confuse pomposity with dignity, flaccidity with ease, and bulk with force".
H.W. Fowler, A Dictionary of Modern English Usage 342 ( Ernest Gowers ed.,2d
ed 1965).

Omar.