GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Carrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 20:52:18 -0000
To Ndey Jobarteh, with copies to anyone who is interestd in education in The Gambia, (and, for information only, to Dr Paul Matthews who is at the University of The Gambia teaching Agriculture.)

Dear Ndey

Greetings!  Pleased to hear all is well with you and the baby.  I understand that you are thinking you would like to hold a GESO UK meeting at my house (on the A38, midway between worcester and Birmingham.)

If you expect to travel by train probably the best would be to goto Birmingham New Street Railway Station.  Ebrima can also travel there by bus.  Then I will collect you, and drive you the 50 minute drive to my house.  If other people expect to travel by train I can collect up to four people - more than that and everyone will suffocate!

Anyone who travels to Worcester (Foregate Street, not Shrub Hill) can catch the 144 bus going towards Bromsgrove and Birmingham to my house.  (If I cannot collect everybody from Birmingham, it is possible to travel by the 144 bus going south from Birmingham to Bromsgrove and towards Worcester.)  I can give details later.  The journey time on either bus is about 60 minutes.

It is good to hear that GESO UK is doing so well, with many students sponsored already, and more funds available for disposal - mainly due to two people!

North Bromsgrove High School did its bit in December when travelling to Armitage Senior Secondary School in The Gambia we were able, with the help of friends, to send about 250 boxes of computers, science equipment, books, stationery and clothes which went to Armitage, to Goverment College, University of The Gambia and to several primary schools.

Hope we can meet soon,  All the best, Mike Carrick