GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fatoumata <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2006 14:39:33 +0100
My Sister,

It is a sad story:

That night, at around 10pm, at the Kanifing Estate area, a loud blast was
heard that literary shook the ground in the area. Later, it will be learnt
that a candle burning close to a gas bottle triggered the explosion. A large
gas bottle generally used to cook on. One with a head stand and mobile. Upon
that explosion, everyone in the neighbourhood rushed towards the sound of
cries and shouts. It was Ousman Njie's home which was on fire. He was in the
States but his wife just returned from there on Koriteh day.
Many volonteers decide to help save their property. In the turmoil, they
hardly heard the cries of warning of a resident of the house about another
gas bottle in the kitchen. So engrossed were they in their task to save the
poperty from burning that when the second explosion came, it took EVERYBODY
by surprise. That was the time I was passing by to go collect my child from
the neighbouhood. I saw SEVERELY burnt people rushing out of the house and
rushing towards the streets. My brother in law, who use to hang out with
some of the victims, was crying loudly like a child saying his friends are
burnt. The scene was serious and sad. Cars were stopped to take the victims
to hospital and taxis confiscated from their passengers.

SAD indeed. Sadder to here that those who were innocently saving someone
else's life and property died in the cause.

MAY ALLAH SEND THEM TO JANNAH!!!

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい