GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:11:03 -0500
Gassama, your position on the April 10 and 11, 2000 Massacre and the other
abuses mentioned, is quite clear to me.  What your position shows me is
someone that does NOT have the guts to criticize AFPRC/APRC; but would
pretend to be a decent fellow when he thinks no one is looking.  In my neck
of the woods what you do is ‘talking from both sides of your mouth’.  To you
it is ‘wrong’ to slaughter our children, but then the murderers should NOT
be held accountable.  The families of the victims should just forget and
forgive, in the name of ‘reconciliation’, criminals that do NOT even have
the decency to own up to their crimes.  I understand your position perfectly
well a long time ago despite your attempts to disguise your position.

On the journalists and human rights advocates that have been subjected to
abuses in the country, I also understand your position perfectly well.  If
you cannot argue on behalf of AFPRC/APRC and say that it was the victims’
fault, you prefer to stay mute because the victims did not give you
permission to ‘fight’ for them.  I guess you got permission from the
Palestinians to ‘fight’ for them.  You saw something about the Palestinian
situation that you thought was ‘wrong’ and you said so.  But when you see
something ‘wrong’ with the Gambian situation, you prefer to rationalize it
or wait for some ‘permission’.  This was my point from the get go that your
side-kick (Essa Sey) missed as usual.

Since there are limitations to the number of postings we can send a day, I
would not want to ‘waste’ a posting to address Essa Sey separately on this
issue.  I do NOT have much to say (on this issue) to a mental midget that
thinks that the Massacre of our children is a ‘trivial issue’.  The
stupidity of this man is simply mind-boggling.  But, if nothing else, at
least he can now spell and use ‘snub’ appropriately.
KB