GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 16:36:00 -0400
Mr. Camara:

If you don't have any proof then you have no certainty to
decide on this.  Do you remember when you were accused
of being an agent?  Could I have concluded that you were?
Shouldn't I have analyzed the situation?

By the way, who brought the double agent discussion yesterday?
Can you verify?  I categorically can tell you that it was not me.
I was responding because it was brought up again.

You see dear brother, we have a long way to go.  What I have
witnessed is that some of us have concluded that some folks
can do no wrong.  If we continue this trend, we will be back at
square one facing Janneh the next six years.

I believe that politics is local.  May be we need to target
our respective districts to increase our support. I will be asking my
students to adopt the four alkalos who were fired in my district.  I
will be asking people around if they can contribute $5 every two months
so that these four former alkalos can feed there families.  I will be
targeting 50 people that I know.  I will not personally collect any money
but a lead person would.

Do you know the candidate who lost the local area council election in Kombo
East is related to me?  Do you know that his father's mother and my late
father shared the same mother.  Do you also know that his mother's mother
grand-mother) and my mother's mother (grand-mother) share the same mother
and father?  Was I not upset to see my own relatives selling their souls to the highest
bidder in the Gambia.  Do you know that the Chief in my district is related to me?
I know where I stand.  I know want I believe in.  I am 100% oppose to APRC.
Does this mean that I should hate everyone in APRC?  No because if I do that is suicidal.
Welcome to Politics 101.

I for one will not  condemn or insult a pro-Jammeh individual.  It seems
that we are not ready to learn from our mistakes and grow up.
How can one  resort to insults every time he or she is accused of
something?

What frightens me is that we don't have power and yet we are acting
arrogant and insensitive.  If we want to convince our skeptics, we
have to be willing to be tolerant and respectful.

My campaign is based on sensitivity and respect.  I will embrace any person
who is no longer with the APRC.  I do not even mind asking for their support.
Jammeh really knows Gambian people.  Some of us are so bitter that
we would rather chastise a former Jammeh support that re-evaluate some of
our so-called friends who are sleeping with the enemy.

May be we need to listen and count three time before we talk.  May be
we need to talk to each other before we assess without reasoning.  It is
indeed refreshing to be accommodating but also firm.  It is also fair
to point out fakes in our midst who may be part of the problem.  I will
never reveal my source.  I know and trust him or her.

How many FBI agents who were caught spying evoked the not guilty
strategy?  I stand by by accusation.  I hope history vindicates me.

Yes, Mr. Camara I know and trust my source.  This person is no fool.  Do
you know that our folks back home are living in fear and condemnation?
Can you conclude that they will vote for Jammeh?  Some of them may
openly support him but inwardly would love to see him go.  Can these people
mortgage their future?  Can their families go hungry?

It is okay to live afar and talk cheap.  I believe that we really need to
assess our contribution and change our strategy.  It is ideal that
when an individual fails, he or she needs to strongly revalue and assess
what to do next.

Do you know that we all talk to folks back home?  Do you know that some
prominent opposition leaders also talk to their trusted friends?  Do you think
I don't know people back home?  Do you know some opposition leaders are frustrated
that nothing has happened since last July?  Do I have to reveal their identities?
No I don't.

I affirm again that all I can do in my power is to visit the Gambia and talk
to the opposition.  We can never solve our problems if we try to be indifferent
and refuse to be fair.  If we choose friendship over reality, we will fail.

I would like for you to research the archives when I wrote to disassociate
with the NCP.  I am not ashamed to admit any mistakes that I may have
transgressed historically.  I am also willing to assert that mistakes made
yesterday should make a person better.  A wise person is an individual who
admits mistakes.  This person has a realistic chance of being a better person.

What have we done for the Gambia?  Not a thing!  We can talk but we are not
willing to forgo materialistic opportunities in the West and help our people
back home.  We are afraid to criticize each other because of fear of losing a
friend.  I believe the Gambia should not be built on that.  I am afraid we are all
part of the problem.

What did you do when Joe called Dr. Janneh a psychopath and sister Jabou a big
"B" explicit?  Is this Gambian?

Naphiyo,
Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh