GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Sanyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:27:42 +0000
Samba Boye wrote:

"I know that he together with someone else were approached for the post and
the other turned it down but Sarjo did not and was consequently appointed. I
know what I am talking about."

Who approached Mr. Jallow and who was the other guy who turned down the
offer? When was Mr. Jallow approached and where was he?

With all due respect Samba Boye, that was a very false statement. The truth
is you DID NOT know what you were talking about. Mr. Jallow was never
approached on the issue. He learnt about it on Observer, just as i guessed.
Infact, very late after your announcement on Gambia-L.  Again, i re-iterate,
you maybe sitting on information sealed to the rest of us, but that cannot
change certain basic facts.

To Ngorr Ceesay: I don't come jumping about on Gambia-L claiming to know
people's skeletons in the cupboard. My time is allocated to better
recreation. Secondly since you are not even man enough to be who you really
are, i will not give you the satisfaction. One or two things though,
contrary to what you wrote to Samba Boye, Jainaba Bah does NOT use the Telia
internet service. She is subscribed at World Online. The cordination of the
kids' health issue to the UK as presented by you was also an upside down
story and you know that. Thirdly, it is time you get actively involved in
the Dumo Sarho case or you keep quite. Dumo Sarho as i was made to
understand was expelled in form two at Saint Augustines High School. Since
then he gave up his life to what he believes in. I doubt if he is seeking
yours or anybody else's pity.

Folks, we argue with each other on Gambia-L and now and again, in our
frustrations we hear each other cry: 'you don't even know me, you have never
met me yet you say all these things about me'. Momentarily, in the heat of
that moment we completely forget that everyday we insult other people, throw
filth at them, sometimes even walk straight into their bedrooms without
their permission, when we've never met them. We do that simply because we
believe it is our right. Riding on our high horses we pose the good guys,
they are public servants and we have the licence to execute them. Many a
time just so we feed garbage-craving minds, we send all kinds of cooked-up
stories on individuals we know little or nothing about to this forum. Some
swallow the rubbish, others use their delete buttons, but rarely do we
pause, hesitate or question what is thrown at us. No matter how sensational
breaking news maybe i think it is very important as responsible citizens to
seek the truth when we bring in people who are not around to defend what is
said about them.

Two events that occur simultaneously may be perceived as causally related:
Mr. Sarjo Jallow is not in the new cabinet, Mr. Sarjo Jallow is ambassador
to Nigeria. But fact is correlation in time DOES NOT imply causal relation.
And until that time Mr. Sarjo Jallow revokes the promise he made to his
wife, by accepting an offer from the government my congratulations to the
guy stands, and i wish him good luck. It is high time he is given a break!
Lamin Sanyang

"God grant me the serenity to accept
the things I cannot change, the courage
to change the things I can, and the
wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr