GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M.B.Krubally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:52:17 -0800
Karamba, I was not going to reply you because of the heading to your last posting (the danger of being MB). To show my maturity I have chosen to reply you with the hope that you will at least abide by the Armitage High School debate rules we were taught. Don’t make me have Mr. Kamara come remind you the simple rules of debating.

First, I am very familiar with the hardship the average Gambian is faced with and that is why I value their voices. The majority of the Gambians you are worried about are the ones that voted the regime you madly hate. If you care so much about them, why don't you respect their wish? Who are you to tell them that their poverty and depravation will not improve with a leadership that they voted into office? Well you are at least not disrespectful like Saiks by calling their act an entertainment.

For your information, the fastest and safest way to end your so-called never-ending cycle is to vote, educate the people, and respect their wish. With that said, let me go on record that I am not cuddling with any criminals. I have fait that the appropriate courts will deal with the murders and criminal. Also, I have never mentioned anything in regard to Gambian values or advocate citizen to look like beggars. What I spoke about is an elected government that you have a hard time recognizing because it was not your choice of party. If we agree to disagree, so be it, all I know is I have the majority on my side, but be aware that I will be first to call for President Jammeh to step down if that majority changes their mind. Like you I want the Gambian to live a good life, and that is why I am supporting their wishes, by supporting the government they place into office. I am not in the position to tell what President Jammeh could afford before he came into office, what both of us can attest to is that he was unanimously voted into office by our fellow country-men.

In the international front, I do agree with you that it will be difficult to get by in the Gambia without the help of development partners, but I discourage to trying reading too much into other countries action. Karamba, again I am into this with the support of the Gambian people. If this regime is a murderous and tyrannical one, the Gambian votes are the ones with the power to vote them out of office. Your unpatriotic behavior of demonstrations and writing petitions against your own people is what you need to check into. You are adding to the so-called problems back home, and that is what bothers me, but again so be it if that is the only help you can offer to your people. On Dot Faal’s death, I will talk about that when I have enough information on that and at the right time.

Thanks to the UDP and people like you that we do not have enough opposition to witness the dealing in the National Assembly, but you have the nerves to jump on me for supporting an elected regime. Come on Karamba; listen to your self just for a second. Once again President Jammen is not being shun, it is the Gambian people that will suffer in the long run. I respect the people's wish; you on the other hand have to have it your way or the highway. Well good luck, but do not expect my kind to join you in the process. I will still support peace and be patriotic regardless of who the elected President is.

On a final note, record this in you human hard drive, "I am about democracy for the people by the people, and unless the voters change their mind and vote President Jammeh out, I will give him my full support as the PEESIDENT OF THE GAMBIA." Do you really care about the Gambian people or do you have hidden agendas for not honoring the majority's wish? Speak the truth brother.

Momodou Billo Krubally