GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 09:52:38 -0400
Manneh, I join others and express my sadness at learning the plight of your
little brother. I hope as we speak/write, he is recovering nicely; and I
hope he recovers completely soon. It also saddens me that you wanted people
to call your folks in order to verify (corroborate) your report of the facts
surrounding your brother’s ‘accident’. Manneh, your ‘story’ was corroborated
long before it was written. What happened to your brother could have
happened to anyone that lives in an area where cars are driven. Few weeks
ago I reported here a similar story about a little girl in the same
Bakoteh/Kotu area. This was at the time sycophants and sell-outs on this
List were trying to convince us that we had ‘first-class’ hospitals and
roads in the country. The difference between that story and your brother’s
is that unfortunately for the little girl, she died. She got no help from
the ‘Serrekunda clinic’. There was no ambulance to transport her to Banjul
in a timely manner. In short, her ‘car accident’ turned deadly. I am sure
you can imagine how the poor girl’s father felt. Brother, this is insane.
Apart from that girl and your brother, I can narrate you here stories of
people having to put their sick love-ones in taxis, hopping from ‘clinic’ to
‘clinic’ trying to find treatment for life and dead illnesses and injuries.
People know that this is going on in the country. Some are just in denial.

Your story needs no corroboration. We know it happened. Everyone knows. I
hope you stay strong. Thanks for your contributions. God speed to your
brother.
KB