GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cynthia Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 08:58:55 -0700
Malanding,

I am aware of the rules, but out of fairness, I forwarded the email. Therefore, I can't apologize for my action as I was being fair.  I'm rather surprised at the list manager’s sense of justice. You all are sending the message that it is ok to fabricate whatever you want, as long as you don't use foul language. Where do that leave justice and honesty?

Cynthia

Malanding Jaiteh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Sanusi,
Weeks ago Ms Jabou Joh requested that Mr. Joe Sambou be delisted for
cursing and calling her names in violation of one of standing rules. The
management asked Joe for his reaction and demanded that he apologize as
required by the regulations. Joe inturn demanded that Jabou and others
be asked to apologize to him first for falsely acusing him. After
several weeks of negotiation and no apologies, the management voted on
whether to delist Joe permanently or not. We came to a conclusion that
while Joe may have broken rules, it was largely in driven by outrageous
acusations that were not substantiated.In otherwords pushed to the point
of snapping! To the effect it would not be fair to remove him from the
list. We agreed that he be suspended for 4 weeks during which time he
will be able to receive all mails sent but would not be able to send any
mail to the list. I hope I answer you queries. Other managers are free
to correct me or add anything I left out.

Malanding