GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 21:28:04 +0000
Interesting article indeed.  Seedou Bajinka, can you please shed light on
the story.  If your folks are being tortured as we all know they are, why
the silence?  Is your support for Yaya that strong to the point you will
rather see them brutalized than come out in their defense?

"Reliable sources say that Youth and Sports Secretary Omar Faye is in
Washington, DC with TiJaan Masanneh Ceesay a long time friend and diplomatic
hand with the Gambian Embassy there. While our source did not elaborate on
Faye's seemingly low keyed visit since becoming a Secretary two months ago,
it speculates that he may be here on treatment. Even if he is here on an
official visit, he is reportedly having a severe sore throat says the
source."

Two "Jaams" indeed.  While we like to pat our backs for being the nicest and
most hospitable that can be found in Africa, Gambia also, per capita, has a
lion share of "Jaams" of the lowest form in that continent.  These types are
both on the ground and in a state near you and I.  Omar and TJ are by no
means alone with this virulent disease, and the residence of this disease is
not restricted to Atlanta or DC.  It is this disease that sustains Yaya more
than anything.  Yaya will not last a day in that country if the Jaam disease
is exterminated from our midst, today.  Brace yourself Gambians, for a
friend, relative, or neighbor is about to be a host.

Word to the wise is, develop an eye to id this type from a mile before you
become contaminated.  Yes folks, it is this same Omar that called himself
plotting with some Senegalese to overthrow Yaya.  I knew better and advised
the rumor mongers to keep an eye on Omar.  A couple of years ago, I was in
Atlanta at a conference held at Goree Night Club.  Omar was there keeping a
very very low profile and in the corners.  Omar managed to yank one of the
presenters outside in the pretext that he had some valuable covert info.
Only to whisper to this person to be careful, "there are some NIAs in
attendance".  Folks, I was knocked out of my seat when I was told this came
from a 6ft. 2in, 250lb soldier and speedmaster, not in Kung, Nuimi, but in
Atlanta, Georgia.  I just shook my head, and ask the fellow to not irritate
me any further with that slime.

Later that year, I got a call from another, that Omar and another were
working with a Senegalese General, in Dakar, who will provide them manpower
to take out Yaya.  I ask the fellow where Omar's so-called partner was, and
he said the fellow was in Dakar.  The thing is, Omar indicated that they
needed, get this, $1,000 for the General, what the Nigerians call "Nah For
Chop Money".  I laughed so hard that I shed tears, not at the fellow, but at
this swindle.  My exact words to the fellow was, to tell Omar to call me
with such garbage.  That was the end of that story.  If you guessed that,
that was a con from Omar and his partner that ran out of money to finance
his "Jegg" in Dakar, you are very close to the ballpark.  It is that
criminal mind that landed him in Gambia today.  Baba Jawara did a fine job
on his boys for they perfected both "Sebooru" and "Njaamyaa".  They believe
in nothing and will sell any for peanuts.  Does any here believe that Omar
did not sacrifice and told lies about those he ran with in Atlanta and those
he had nothing in common with, alike?  These con will tell Yaya anything to
feed off his ego.

I know some will jump to caution that I may foil Omar's plans of working
underground next to the Murderer, if he plans to do something.  There is
nothing of that sort.  His disease will not lend him to that.  In his head,
now is the time for him to get as much as he can before it dries up.  Omar
has no allegiance to any but what he can get.  They saw their mentor,
Jawara, living off the fat of the land, why not the "Talubehs".  I say these
things to show some of our naive comrades their error in judgment to brush
up with hyenas and very manipulating persons as we fight to uproot the
personification of evil in Yaya.  There are many Omars out there and Yaya
will never run out of supply.  So, do not be surprised when another Omar,
Morro Sidi, or Amadou answers present to Yaya's roll call.

I got news for Omar.  Samba Faal never thought he would be left in the cold,
and so it will come to pass that you will follow suit, soon.  You see what
happened to Ndure Cham, Bajinka and others, so it is just a matter of time
for you.  Just remember, civilian ministers are fired but soldiers or former
soldiers are hunted and cut down.  I hope you will be lucky like Ndure or
Bajinka when your number is up.  In the mean time, let the beer and "Yaapu
Harr" at kanilai keep flowing.

How can a nation be led by meat roasting, beer, ataya, and Jaamba freaks?
How?  Sadly, some of our folks will trample over their Grandma to be first
in line.

Please read on.

Gambia: The Nemesis of Bajinka's Escape

  Email This Page

Print This Page

Visit The Publisher's Site

The Gambia Echo (Raleigh)

August 8, 2006
Posted to the web August 8, 2006

Ebrima G. Sankareh
Marina Parade

No sooner had Major Khalifa Bajinka fled The Gambia than the regime of
President Yahya Jammeh dispatched a team of armed security operatives to
unleash havoc on his innocent family. That was barely two weeks ago but now
we have credible reports from the National Intelligence Agency (NIA) that
one of the Bajinka brothers,

Ensa Bajinka a Drug Squad Agent by profession and an uncle Bunama Manga have
been tortured to unconsciousness and the latter is at the Royal Victoria
Teaching Hospital in Banjul, 25 meters from his torture cell.

According to an NIA insider, the State believes that Ensa is complicit in
his renegade brother's flight to freedom. He was picked up along side his
two other siblings Wuyeh Bajinka a security officer at The Gambia Civil
Aviation Authority and, Yahya Bajinka who by a twist of irony, is an NIA
agent and their uncle, Bunama Manga a chauffeur who plies The
Gambia-Cassamance (southern Senegal) route. Manga is reportedly quite aufait
with major commercial centers in the region in particular, the towns of
Bidiona and Diololon. It is the NIA's view that while Bajinka may have
trekked the woods and melted into the wilderness, Bunama's familiarity with
the territory may have been an asset to his nephew's Rambo-like adventure.
This twist adds to the list of arrestees a car battery salesman, one Bunja
Sambou also of Brikama New Town whose only crime is that he reportedly sold
a car battery to Bunama. According to the NIA, by selling a car battery to
Bunama, Sambou may have advertently fa cilitated Khalifa's flight.

Also arrested was Mrs. Fatou Dibba Bajinka the run-away Major's wife and an
employee of The Gambia International Airport. Fatou, who was with Bajinka
until his encounter with the killer marksmen reported here,

stays with the kids, a boy and two girls life for whom has been rough.
Contrary to reports and wild speculations on the woman's fate, she was under
house arrest for the first two days after her husband's arrest.

"Our men were armed to the teeth and even if Ms. Dibba went to the bathroom,
they would follow her at gun point asking for Major Bajinka's exact location
in town " our NIA source revealed. However, "because of her failure to
cooperate with our men, she was subsequently transferred to our Marina
Parade offices for further interrogations" the source said but would not
elaborate on what regime of interrogations were prescribed. As a graduate of
the NIA's system one can only surmise torture. The last person arrested in
the wake of Khalifa Bajinka's arrest was his father in law for questioning.
As we went to press, the entire family is shocked and saddened at Bunama's
predicament. Bunama in his late 50s is bigamous with several children and
grandchildren.

However, according to our source, Major Bajinka's wife, Fatou Dibba, two of
the three brothers, Wuyeh Bajinka and Yahya Bajinka, salesman Bunja Sambou
and the father-in- law have been granted bail and now report to NIA every
morning. One brother Ensa and uncle, Bunama are in the midst of the storm.

Meanwhile, The Echo has been working the phones to see what evidence there
were linking Bajinka with the alleged coup and related developments to his
escape. According to an insider at Baboucarr Jatta's office

(Jatta is Ex-army chief and now Secretary of Interior) the alleged
mastermind of the coup, fugitive col. Ndure Cham did not see an eye to eye
with Bajinka. Cham says our source, "hated the chap so much that he once
threatened to teach him a bitter lesson". According to Jatta's office,
"Bajinka and Cham were not talking for over a year and this is why it's not
easy to see the alleged link". In a related development, a source among the
State Guards revealed that the "government had wanted to do away with Major
Bajinka way before he went to read in Nigeria. Ndure Cham's coup is just a
scapegoat but HE and Bajinka fell apart a while ago". According to this
source, Jammeh could be joking for a moment and be highly temperamental the
next minute with a tendency to snob his most loyal lieutenants. Reveals this
source "one day while we were brewing Chinese Green Tea, our temperamental
HE got wild and broke all our glasses with a hammer. He later returned and
gave us money to buy lamb" .

Relevant Links

West Africa
Gambia
Crime and Corruption
Human Rights
Legal and Judicial Affairs

News Just In:

Reliable sources say that Youth and Sports Secretary Omar Faye is in
Washington, DC with TiJaan Masanneh Ceesay a long time friend and diplomatic
hand with the Gambian Embassy there. While our source did not elaborate on
Faye's seemingly low keyed visit since becoming a Secretary two months ago,
it speculates that he may be here on treatment. Even if he is here on an
official visit, he is reportedly having a severe sore throat says the
source. Faye who is bigamous was an asylee in the US for the past decade. He
returned home late last year and was first appointed Director of Press&

Public Relations at Gambia's Presidential Palace before the meteoric rise to
Youth, Sports & Culture Secretary. For now though many are wondering why he
did not go to Atlanta to see his family. Others are speculating that since
Faye has been in Washington for ten days now and no where has both the
Gambian Radio and TV or the Daily Observer reported it, something is in the
offing.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい