GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:56:13 +0000
Sanusi, exactly what came to my mind when I read the email.  Why do we
continue to bring up the PPP when they did not murder anyone?  We all know
that a good majority of those that died in 1981 was the result of
interpersonal vendettas and not organized anything.  However, here we have
a catalogue of murders capped with the April 10 massacre, but we had
rather talk about the 1st republic.  Besides, the very person that brought
about the killings in 1981, Kukoi, is now a friend of Jammeh and was a
guest at kanilai, just recently - so much for remembering the victims of
1981.  Kukoi came to Gambia and left through Senegal without a hitch.

Yes, many brothers perished in the incident at the police station in
Banjul and I knew quite a few of them and we never had a serious debate on
that tragedy, as a nation.  However, to use that to mask the current
atrocities that were state sponsored is a travesty.  Sanusi, corpses were
littered in the urban areas from Banjul to Brikama and many Gambians
helped bury many unidentified corpses.  I still mourn the loss of a close
friend and
classmate, Kaur Fatty, bless his soul, for I was among the last people
that spoke with him on his way to the Police Depot in Bakau.  We cannot
and will not endorse the charade of Bala J and the APRC.  Our eyes are
wide open.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou