GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MUSA PEMBO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 14:52:36 -0000
Brother Momodou,
Thanks for this personal initiative and foresight at a time when the List is
on its way out.I can forsee this initiative acting as a replacement for the
List.
May I suggest the following heading:
1.Health and Lifestyle.I am a firm believer in "Prevention is better than
Cure."Under this group,people can post anything relating to Preventive
Medicine.I am paticularly concerned about the level of Obesity in the
Gambia.People go under the wrong impression that if they are not
fat(Clinical obese),they are not living well.We need to change this
perception through education,this is where your brilliant idea of sub
grouping comes in.Primary Care relating to basic Hygiene like boiling water
before use,can help the spread and control of diseases on the ground.
2.Science and Technology.Advances in science and technology and their
applicability in a Third-World Country can be posted here.
3.Religion.I would strongly suggest that you give it  a group all by
itsself.I think we have some people,who are not Christians.Muslims or
Jews,so through this group,they would be able to exercise their right of
Free Speech and of Religion.Also,some people who are not interested in
religion dont have to bother reading anything under this heading.
Just a thought.
The best of wishes,
Musa.