GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 19:02:48 +0000
PRESS RELEASE NO 1.  YEAR 2002

FORWARD WITH THE SPIRIT AND IDEALS OF THE J22nd REVOLUTION

POPULAR PARTICIPATION IN THE POLITICS OF DEVELOPMENT

GET ORGANIZED, INVOLVE IN THE
                NATIONAL CRUSADE FOR
                        ADVANCEMENT

CONTACT ADDRESS
C/O BANJUL CITY COUNCIL
        TEL: 229938 / 922449

A.P.R.C YOUTH WING / R.C.M BANJUL

It is common knowledge and beyond all doubts that the July 22nd revolution
was inspired by sincere love, sensitivity and sense of duty towards the
downtrodden masses of this nation, those who were subjected to ignorance and
object poverty by a thirty year old reactionary and decadent regime that
isolated and marginalized the broad masses.

With the event of the revolution though with enormous odds and obstacles
created by the enemies, a lot of ground was covered and remarkable success
registered in the mobilization, organization and in streaming of the popular
masses in the affairs of this nation.  We are all aware of the sacrifices
made in order to register such gains but we must also be equally reminded
that enemies of the revolution are still within and out and still very
active, bent on isolating the popular masses from the progressive regime and
its leadership.  These enemies of the revolution leave no stone unturned and
employ the dirtiest and worst malicious means to achieve their aims.  The
day in day out strive to frustrate, distract, derail and crumble all
governments noble efforts of transforming this nation and her people into a
dignified, prosperous and stable entity that can effectively contribute to
human freedom and civilization.

We are of the sincere conviction that the leadership of the Gambian
revolution is a symbol of hope, a touch of enlightment, shining example, a
liberation hence and moreover an embodiment of the dreams and aspirations of
the Gambian masses in particular and African in general.  His commitment,
sincerity and dedication to the course of humanity has been abundantly
manifested, reflected and demonstrated in all he did and said since and even
before the advent of the heroic popular revolution of 22 July 1994.
Inspired by these immortal qualities we resolved to constitute the
revolutionary youth wing knowing 22nd July, well, that we also have a noble
role, infact an inescapable duty to perform with such a conviction and being
fully aware of the indispensability of a revolutionary movement in the
advancement of the revolution and the mobilization and organization of the
popular masses around the revolution, we have resolved to commit ourselves
to translating the devious calls of our dear leader into concreted actions
and programmes for the realization of positive results.

We are of the belief that some arms of the govt. supposedly constituted by
militants of the Party enjoying the full support and sympathy of the
revolutionary leadership has fallen far below expectation and in some
instances has stabbed our dear leader in the back, some of these elements
have been very instrumental in the castigations and instigation of the
dissolution of the J 22nd movement that loved and supported the leadership,
a movement that emerged out of the creative initiative of his excellency and
demonstration of his sincere commitment to the empowerment of the ordinary
man and woman, this has resulted in  the creation of a vacuum which the
perpetrators of this have proven incapable to fill, it is this vacuum that
we are resolved and committed to fill.

Finally it is with sincere conviction that we wish to express our sympathy
and respect to our great leader and further more to renew our commitment,
loyalty resolve under the able, sincere and dynamic leadership of our
revolutionary leader.  We harbor not even an Oater of doubt that his heart
beats in mission with that of the down trodden and marginalized peoples of
the world.

Long live A.P.R.C Youth Wing / R.C.M

Thanks