GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cherno Marjo Bah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2006 10:09:07 +0000
Togo's World Cup Group G preparations are in turmoil after coach Otto
Pfister resigned over a pay dispute. His former assistant Kodjovi Mawuena
will take charge of the side for their first game with South Korea on 13
June. "When I started to be manager of Togo, I was promised that bonuses for
the players would be cleared," Pfister told Fifaworldcup.com.

"That is still not the case, so I decided to quit immediately. It has
destroyed a dream of my life."
Pfister, who was only appointed in March, said he blamed the Togolese
Football Association for the row and he was not interested in further talks.

"I'm not going back and I am giving up my work as national trainer. I won't
be messed with any more," said Pfister. "The players boycotted training
sessions and with that my basis to work has been removed."

Fifa's head of communications Markus Ziegler said they had not yet had
confirmation that Pfister was no longer in charge, but changing the coach
was unlikely to be a problem. "The situation for players is clear, but the
rules do not apply to coaches," he said.

World Cup debutants Togo are in the same group as South Korea, Switzerland
and France.
They are the lowest Fifa-ranked team in the tournament and only appointed
Pfister as coach in March. The Togolese Prime Minister Edem Kodjo had said
he would travel to Germany to personally intervene in the row. Team manager
Gerson Kwadjo Dobou said Pfister could return if he wanted to.

"Last night, an earthquake shook our preparations. Therefore everything is
in a bit of chaos now," said Dobou . "It is a shame that we are talking
about money, not football."

Story from BBC SPORT:

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい