GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 01:00:22 GMT
Latjor,

I concur with you entirely in the view that we shouldn't bash, or allow
anyone else, to bash our intellectuals. In my view, it only glorifies
ignorance.
However, I think you've totally misunderstood Mr. Farage's point. My
understanding of his question is: he is using the villages of Demba Kumba
and Basse as a metaphor. In that vein, the villages could be Kanfenda, or
Jiroff - it doesn't matter. I think his type of provocative question should
be encouraged.

Saul.