GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
alieu sesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:40:25 -0800
--- foroyaa <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hamjatta,
>               We have just received message from the
> Serrekunda Post Office that no letter addressed to
> us through Sambou Street is at the post office or
> has been delivered to the post office. Do you have
> any other explanation? Should we go ahead and close
> our inquiry or do we wait for more explanation to
> confirm that all of us are acting in good faith
> regarding the invitation from your movement.

I had promised myself not to comment on this ping-pong
game of "I sent it/I didn't get it" that is being
played by Hamjatta and Halifa. However, this is really
getting ridiculous, to say the least. It has become
nothing but a case of Hamjatta's words against
Halifa's. Whom, among the two, are we to believe?

On the one hand, if Hamjatta sent the message through
the post office system, did he confirm that the
intended recipient(s) received it by following up with
a phone call or email message? Did he use the same
standard format to deliver the invitation letters to
all opposition parties? Did he try to get
acknowledgement as to whether or not PDOIS (and all
the other parties) will be able to make it to the
meeting?

On the other hand, how come all the other parties
received their invitation letters except for PDOIS? Is
the Serre Kunda post office really any different than
other postal addresses (if different) that were used?
Or, could the Jammeh's stooges have intercepted the
letter?

As you can see there are numerous questions we can all
ask about the handling of the (alleged) missing
letter. I believe what most of us would like to know
now is, among other things, whether or not PDOIS
favors a united opposition party, even if it means
siding with members of Jawara's old PPP regime.

The game is getting boring and there is no winner in
sight.

Alieu