GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amadu Kabir Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:35:04 -0800
Comrade,

  Your 'Mr. Birra Go'  is none other than that character you invited to your flat and who ate diner with us on my last visit a couple of years ago.

  Remember he has always operated with two names? About a year or so ago he sent me a private email with some Islamic text under of one his two names (I Still don't know which one of the two is real) and I told him I was not interested in such messages and that he could save himself the trouble since I was never going to read them.

  Not surprised to hear that he has been sending 'daireh' messages under his 'Birago' name. I remember the first thing he did when he arrived at your flat after exchanging greetings was to borrow a mat to perform prayers.

  When sometime later he started copying private emails to me with his 'political analysis' under his 'Birago' name, I ignored them at first, but when they became frequent I told him I was not interested. That was a response I sent publicly to Network Africa Sweden where he was also copying his 'analysis'.

  He responded to me privately arguing that I should not complain about receiving emails from him since he also reads 'Foroyaa' which I forward to the L. Imagine the absurdity of such an argument since I never sent it to him privately.

  Anyway, during that exchange he lied to me about his real name being 'Birago Saine' claiming to know me personally and mentioning some other former comrade who lived in Norway. I told him he and that fellow can sodomise each other, just that he desisted from sending me his shit.

  During that private exchange he came out with 'facts' that didn't quite add up but which gave me a pointer as to who he was.

  For example, he claims to be from Latrikunda German, not knowing that I lived there from I was twelve till I travelled. I dare say the vast majority of youth there knew me and since he claimed he knew me personally, should have known that I'd lived there if he himself had really lived there.

  When I told him I knew who he was and how he has always operated with two names (and now a third?) I did not hear any more from him. But that was not before I advised him to stop lying and being childish and to subscribe to the list and send his 'analysis' under his real name if he believes in what he is writing.

  So when I saw Joe send in a request for him to be subscribed I understood he was also hiding his identity from you since he knows you personally and could have asked you to subscribe him to the L.

  Now I see he has become Pa Nderri's 'Gambian Affairs Political Comentator'!

  Regards,

  Kabir.

  Momodou Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Pa Nderry Mbai,

Let me simply inform Mr. Birra Go through you that many comrades in
Scandinavia have been wondering about his identity. He has been over the
years sending anonymous mails to many people, some on this list, on all
sort
of matters from revolution to "daira" campaigns.

He has sent a request for subscription to Gambia-l through Joe Sambou. I
recall once that Joe also maintained he does not know who Birrago is,
though
he kindly forwarded his posting.

Please assure him that whenever he acquires the basic COURAGE of
supplying
his gambian name and surname, I myself will immediately subscribe him to
the
list. I shall also by that gesture take him/her so seriously that his
comments will be worthy of replies.
(There is a policy on gambia-l not to subscribe people whose identity no
one
can certify if they are subscribing from public mails such as yahoo or
hotmail). This struggle Birrago so obviously dearly wants to wage cannot
be
carried out by ghosts.

Have a good day,
Momodou S Sidibeh