GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:08:39 EDT
Sidi,

In the news, it was reported yesterday that the  French said they were
sending in their troops to evacuate their nationals and other foreign
nationals, It was also reported that  this Church that has people in Boake
were talking about asking the French to evacuate their people, and they did
mention they were also calling anyone who can assist their people and get
them out. I guess that was before the U.S sent in special forces. They did
mention that some of these people in questions were teaching at that
international school.
Well, it certainly does nto paint a very good picture of Africans being able
to manage our affairs in a manner that will benefit our people in the long
run.
May Allah help our people, and all of those caught in this senseless mishap.

Jabou Joh