GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ndey Jobarteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 15:49:52 +0000
MRD,

This is exactly what i was saying, "if this was to happen in Africa the army would have declared a war". One
lesson one can learn from this is that, we can always fight our battles through the courts without resorting
to war or murder.  Infact one thing Jammeh and his gang failed to understand is that " Democracy belongs to
no country, race or individual" It is about respect for people's desire and rights. To respect ones rights
and desire, you don't need America or the West to tell/teach you. So they should not think that democracy
belongs to America or  the West. Jammeh will use anything  to show the people that he is their best option
but he will fail.

Jammeh's desperation to win the elections by dishing money to schools will not win him anything. Gambians are
aware that it is money stolen from them. As Kabir ones said it "Jammeh trying to play Robin Hood  will fail".
Infact Robin Hood takes from the poor to the rich, but Jammeh takes from the poor to enrich himself and his
gang.

The Struggle Continues!!!
Ndey Jobarteh