GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
kalilu camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 16:13:48 GMT
He will make one of the best leaders of our time.As reflected in his songs
this man has what it takes to consoldate senegambia-- heart.
Leadership although requires every bit of intelectual maneuver even more
sure demands a limitless heartistic presence.I hope that people dont so much
ask how many degrees he crammed but what the core of his life journey had
been since "HAALSE NEHENA".
Senegal with her wealth of knowledgeable citizens if rallied behind
such personalty will remain the gem of democracy in our region.
I respect him not only because he is brilliant but he was my teacher
of sorts. The words of his songs never stop to resonate here in me.
His call for African unity, and many of his songs are no less devine to me
than many noble written forms of the same calling....'Given in to the self
and serve the larger cause.'
  May  AllAh help him remain committed to his land of birth.
                               kalilu camara