GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 22:09:14 -0500
Mr Sallah,
  First, let me reiterate with certitude my deepest appreciation in your
intuitive response to my questions and I sincerely would like to thank you
for that.Your generosity humbles me and such gesture must not go unrewarded
and I think it speak well of your character despite what many of your die-
hard critics cowered. That said ,I'll see you at the ballot boxes!(o-:)Chuckles!

What I see is a man of noble deeds, a man with unquestionable patriotism,
a man dedicated to see to it that his people are enlightened and organised
so their future would not be determined by a head of state but by their own
inalienable will; a man who I came to find out sacrificed a lot,even did
some time in prison, just because of his compassionate beliefs, remarkable
principles and relentless pursuit of an enlightened and organised Gambia.
No wonder your critics mistakened you for a Saint/Messiah and all the
adjectives associated with the paranormal. And I wouldn't be surprise if
there is such a thing as PDOIS fanatics/sycophants playing footsie with
Halifa. There will be some who will be infatuated. I for one am neither
infatuated nor dismissive to your hardwork. Infact, I think you and many
Gambians who are dedicated to the betterment of our people ought to highly
commended. Honor should be given to whom honor is due and that's the
bottomline.

We have to be rational at times. For how long do we have to belittle the
efforts of the Halifas. That's not to say that we should be idolizing nor
worshipping the personalities of the Halifas but to constantly subject them
to ruthless and vicious scrutiny only gives way the likes of Yahya, a
by-product of the system that is cursed perhaps. What am saying exactly is
that we should be tabbing each other on the back rather than discretely
enjoying each others downfall, because guess what, now you have a Yahya
instead of a Halifa, a Hamat Bah or Ousainou Darboe.

Regarding Mr Sallah's response to my 10 questions, I believe he'd answered
them the best he possible could in good faith and his sincerity is not
in question from my end. It will ultimately be my prerogative to decipher
what wasn't answered to my satisfaction and besides I never expected anyone
to know all the answers to these uncertain times we live in, but the effort
he took to answer those questions and risk been a subject of massive
scrutiny did humbled me. I also realised the complexity of the situation on
the ground(in the Gambia) and I really can't ask for anything other than
that you keep up the good work as we say here in the 'L'.

I am supremely confident that with time, we Gambians will repossess our
country from the hijackers back in our own hands and even though our
national resources are been looted in broad daylight by this despotic ,
disfranchised APRC, our human resources (our WILL) shall be the determining
factor in the end, and that my comrades is no political imagination.
IT IS THE CRUX OF OUR FREEDOM!

In closing, I would like to high-light PDOIS' needs so we can all take note
,viz:

1.What PDOIS needs most is determined by our strategic objectives. We aim
  to empower the people mentally

2.What we need are material resources

3.We have to send information to all our
  branches on a regular basis through cassettes and press releases so that
  they can be kept informed on all developments in the country for onward
  transmission to the people.

4.we need at least one party bicycle for every district or
  constituency.

5.We need to build up centres in all administrative areas to
  coordinate work in all the constituencies.

6.We need one motor bicycle for each of the
  seven administrative areas to coordinate the work of the various
  committees in each of the administrative areas on a more consistent basis

7.We need any contribution that any Gambian wishes to make to enable us to
 do countrywide tours on a more intense basis. In short, the more material
 resources we have, the more effective we become since the human resources
 are growing on a very rapid basis.

                                       THANKS FOR THE CORRESPONDENCE,
                                       An Enlightened Mr Makaveli.

PS: Boy! Hope I don't sound like a 'Gewel' but it's important that we
uplift and embrace each other especially those who are sincere , mean well
and are doing a wonderful job. That's the reason this man, Halifa, should
be commended. Believe it or not I have sent the same questions to other
opposition parties and so far no response yet.Fact of the matter is leaders
should be subjected to criticisms but let it be constructive criticism and
finally ask yourself what exactly you can do to help.
                                                               WASALAM!